Aspen School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Teacher for 2019-2020
at Aspen School District
Qualifications/Requirements for the Substitute Teacher
You are required to hold a valid Colorado teaching or substitute certificate.
You must agree to maintain the confidentiality of all student educational records and information that you generate or to which you are given access as a substitute teacher.
Substitute Teacher Position Description
Reports To: Building Administrators
Supervises: Personnel as agree upon with the Principal
Job Goal: To help each student realize his/her potential as a worthy and effective member of society, and to implement the educational goals and objectives defined in school district policy.
- Know and utilize available resources as appropriate.
- Implement lesson plans reflecting district policy and curriculum.
- Keep students involved in purposeful activities.
- Assist students in the formulation of worthy goals.
- Nurture democratic principles and promote equal educational opportunity.
- Use reasonable disciplinary rules and positive reinforcement.
- Maintain a disciplined learning atmosphere.
- Respond positively to student needs.
- When communicating with students speak clearly and use appropriate language.
- Display a positive attitude, emotional stability and maturity.
- Exhibit a caring, concerned personal character.
- Accept responsibility inherent in the teaching process.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Be receptive to constructive criticism.
- Show resourceful, creative initiative.
- Maintain and assume responsibility for assigned supply and materials inventory.
- Encourage each student to develop self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.
- Encourage a devotion to excellence.
- Supervise teacher's normal out-of-classroom activities as assigned by Principal.
- Evaluate student progress and growth in knowledge and skills.
- Maintain various student records as required by teaching assignment, maintaining confidentiality.
- Assume all regular teacher responsibilities when serving as a long-term substitute.
- Adhere to district policies and directives, and instructions contained in the Substitute Teacher Guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate responsibility and consistency of attendance required for work with students
- Work with efficiency with attention to detail
- Demonstrate flexibility for environment that may require change of schedule and/or student activities
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Work cooperatively with administrators and staff
- Observe all district policies and procedures
- Observe all general safety rules, carefully observing correct lifting procedures
Compensation: Work year as defined on current district calendar but not to exceed 89 days in any school year.Substitute teacher pay starts at $140 per day. Substitute Teachers who attend training #1 can increase their daily pay to $150.00 per day. Substitute Teachers who attend training #2 can increase their pay to $160.00 per day.
Bonuses will be given to substitute teachers who work a specific range of days for the school year. The ranges of days and bonuses are:
- 15-29 Days ($200.00)
- 30- 44 Days ($300.00)
- 45 or more Days ($400.00)
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)