Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Care Lead - Snowmass - Winter 2018-19
at Aspen Snowmass
The Childcare Lead assists the Coordinator in organizing the day to day activities within the Ski & Snowboard School child care center. Maintaining the safety of the children is paramount while offering a fun and supportive environment within the licensed facility. Child Care Lead helps to manage overall experience for both our youngest guests of Aspen Snowmass as well as their parents.
Essential Job Functions
• Lead group activities indoor and outdoor, including, but not limited to, crafts, games and other recreational activities including skiing
• Create and foster a productive and healthy team environment and monitor the performance of staff offering timely feedback
• Assist Coordinator with staff training, scheduling, performance reviews
• Provide personal and guest feedback regarding ASC products, staff and services
• Make sound decisions regarding the safety and wellbeing of children under all circumstances
• Responsible for the child wellbeing, including but not limited to, changing diapers, emotional management and give attention to special cases
• Complete mandatory reporting to support proper communication for parents and staff
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Team Work - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Displays passion and optimism.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Minimum two years of documented experience in working with children ages 3 and under
• Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese is helpful
• Must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor’s Degree including two, three-semester-hour Early Childhood Education courses with one course being EITHER Introduction to Early Childhood Education OR Guidance Strategies and at least 910 hrs experience in the care and supervision of 4 or more children under 6 years of age who are not related to the individual.
- 2-year college degree (60 semester hours) in Early Childhood Education, must include EITHER Intro to Early Childhood Education OR Guidance Strategies. Have at least 6 months (910 hours) of verified experience, as listed in B.
- 12 semester hours in college-level credits in Early Childhood Education from a regionally accredited college or university at either a 2 year, 4 year or graduate level in Early Childhood Education. One of the 3 semester hour courses must be EITHER Introduction to Early Childhood Education OR Guidance Strategies. Plus, have at least 9 months (1,395 hours) of verified experience as listed in B.
- Completion of a vocational or occupational education sequence in child growth and development. Have at least 12 months (1,820 hours) of verified experience as listed in B.
- Current certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Certified Child Care Professional (CCP). No college course work required. No additional experience required.
- Department approved course of training. Completion of a course of training approved by the department that includes training and work experience with children in a child growth and development program. No additional experience required.
- Current Colorado Level I credential OR (2) 3 credit college courses with one course being EITHER Introduction to Early Childhood Education OR Guidance Strategies. At least 24 months (3,641 hours) of verified experience as listed in B.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.