Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dishwasher Steward, Part Time - Limelight Aspen
at Aspen Snowmass
The Dishwasher Steward maintains cleanliness of kitchen, loading dock, and back of house areas including storage areas. Maintains cleanliness of tableware, glassware, and kitchen equipment, minimizing breakage. Assists with food production when necessary.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Set up cleaning area: Puts dish machine together properly, fill all water tanks, turn on heating elements to dish machine.
- Scrape, stack and clean all dishes properly. Pre-soak silver and change water after major meal periods.
- Sort silver with eating end up. Keep dish area as clean and neat as possible.
- Properly store dishes and silver in the locations designated by the Executive Chef.
- Disassembles, cleans, and re-assembles dishwasher prior to end of shift.
- Neatly stacks all remaining dirty china, glassware, and silver prior to the end of shift.
- Sees that all china, glassware, and silver are returned to proper storage areas, clean and ready for the next day’s business.
- Clean kitchen walls floors loading dock and other associated areas at specified intervals.
- Empty boxes and garbage at specified intervals.
- Endure safety of area by posting appropriate caution signs when floor is wet or being mopped.
- Additional Job Duties
- Assist culinary staff when needed for preparation and banquet plate up.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, The Limelight Hotel and Aspen Skiing Company.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your supervisor and assist other departments as business volumes and staff level demand.
- Physical requirements of the position include:
- Requires kneeling, bending, and standing for extended periods
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Work in a hot and steamy environment.
- Education, Experience, Skills
- Equivalent of high school diploma
- One year food service preferred
- English speaking preferred