Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMT Cat Driver - Cloud Nine - Winter 2018-19
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 6982
The EMT Cat Driver provides snowcat transportation between the base area & restaurant & acts as first responder in case of emergency situations.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Operate the snowcat as needed to provide transportation to guests & employees between the base area and restaurant
• Ensure adherence to the designated route and keep in communication with other on mountain departments regarding any changes to route required by mountain operations.
• Assist restaurant employees with providing drinks and blankets to guests as they load the snowcat.
• Ensure guests are comfortable for the ride to and from the restaurant.
• Be prepared to act as first responder in case of a medical emergency – including evacuation of restaurant & communicating with emergency services if needed.
• Provide or arrange for transportation to the base area for anyone in need of medical assistance
• Maintain emergency equipment in the snowcat and at the restaurant – to include fire extinguishers, AED’s.
• Communicate with restaurant manager regarding safety concerns
• Ensure snowcat is kept in good condition, fully fueled and that the snowcat operation log is filled out completely to document the shift. Report any mechanical issues or damage immediately.
Additional Job Duties
• Ensure that your Manager is aware of guest comments and concerns.
• Report to shift on time.
• Treat others as you would expect to be treated. Be courteous to guests and co-workers.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for Mountain Dining, Hospitality Division and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Be familiar with fire and safety procedures. Assist in the event of an emergency and/or security event as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
• Indoors v Outdoors - Indoors 60% of the time, Outdoors 40% of the time.
• Standing v Sitting - Standing 30% of the time, sitting 70% of the time
• Work Environment -. Working as part of a team; working AM, PM & overnight shifts. Working holidays. Overtime may be required due to business need
• Physical Requirements – Ability to push/pull & carry items up to 50lbs. Able to work in a high alpine environment (9,000 to 11,000 feet) Ability to enter and exit the snowcat by climbing over cat tracks
• Frequent reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing and seeing (near, far, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision). Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, tasting, smelling. Dealing with noise of restaurant area as well as phones, loud music.
Education, License/Certifications & Skills
• College degree preferred.
• TIPS Certified helpful
• EMT certified and up to date.
• Ability to operate a snowcat, or willingness to learn
• Clean Driving Record
• Ability to multi task and prioritize
• Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Prior EMT experience is required.
• Previous Food & Beverage experience is an advantage
• Previous guest service experience is an advantage
• Eye contact should be made at a distance of no less than 10 feet from every guest.
• A genuine smile should be offered at a distance of no less than 5 feet from every guest.
• Employees should build rapport with guests during any conversation, if the guest responds to the initial statement with a conversational demeanor.
• Guest last name is used effectively, but discreetly, as a signal of recognition as least once and not more than twice during any conversation with guests.
• Before concluding conversations, the guest is verbally offered additional assistance with a statement relevant to the guest’s individual needs.
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Aspen Skiing Company Hospitality standards.
This job description does not contain an exhaustive or comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position.