Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Agent - Limelight Aspen - Starting June
at Aspen Snowmass
The Front Desk Agent will welcome and register guests, present statements, check credit and collect payment for departing guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Display a friendly, courteous and professional manner in all dealings with guests and employees.
- Must have good rapport with accounting and other personnel.
- Welcome and register hotel guests.
- Check guests out of hotel in accordance with procedures.
- Work closely with the Bellman to coordinate the smooth and efficient handling of guest luggage on both check in and check out.
- Clear all “hold status’ room discrepancies.
- Clear all “non-Z00” balances.
- Maintain and update the Hotels’ Guest History.
- Coordinate with other departments’ daily needs or special requirements for all hotel guests.
- Record any guest complaints or problems and notify the appropriate individuals.
- Select and block rooms for arriving guests, book same day reservations, pre-register guests as required, escort guests to their rooms and notify Managers of arrivals per request.
- Be familiar with room and rate availability for current and future dates.
- Accept reservations, changes and cancellations in accordance with procedures in the absence of reservation personnel.
- Be able to work PBX console in order to act as relief back-up staff.
- Relieve Concierge Desk when needed and have knowledge of guest related concierge duties.
- Do daily key count and request keys as par suggests.
- Distribute hotel keys as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about all group and catering events and locations in the hotel.
- Understand the Hotel Management System as it relates to with check in and check out procedures.
- Run daily reports as necessary.
- Make change, issue safety deposit boxes, cash checks, post charges, reconcile daily work and make deposits in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining cash bank and for daily settling of cash bank.
Education & License/Certifications
- College Education in related field is preferred
- Strong Knowledge of the Aspen/Snowmass Area
- Ability to fluently communicate in spoken and written English is required.
- Previous Guest Service Experience is required.
- Previous Hospitality Experience is preferred.
- Experience with Springer Miller Systems is an advantage
- Communication skills
- Good people skills with people of all ages.
- Ability to deal with a diversity of individuals
- Able to stand high levels of stress.
- Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, keyboard operations and seeing.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Aspen Skiing Company Hospitality standards.