Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager - The Little Nell
at Aspen Snowmass
Provide professional level support in Human Resources management to The Little Nell and Limelight Hotels in the areas of recruitment and employment, compensation, benefits administration, employee and/or labor relations, organizational development, training, and workers’ compensation administration. Provides day-to-day Human Resources support and consultation to all members of the TLN HR team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment and Employment
• Works with the Talent Acquisition Manager and Assistant HR Director to build a world-class recruitment strategy with a focus on technology, metrics and forecasting.
• Reviews applicants for designated position and conducts professional and thorough screening interviews.
• Assist in planning and executing a professional and engaging new employee orientation. Continually updates presentation and flow to achieve the best product possible.
• Facilitates background checks under company, State, and Federal guidelines.
• Works with Assistant HR Director to review employee date such as job codes, cost centers and job titles to ensure employees are classified correctly, wage scale is accurate and ATS (Taleo) is update.
• Responsible for producing and distributing monthly reports such as employee roster, birthday list, visa expiration list etc.
• Assist HR Coordinator to create a seamless on-boarding process.
• Implements processes that enhance candidates’ experience. Manage data, images and process for on-boarding website.
• Manages unemployment claims and attends hearings when needed. Runs analytical data and works with Assistant HR Director and third-party administrator to improve processes and reduce costs.
• Assist with maintenance of Job Descriptions for all TLN/RLN Departments and organizational charts.
• Manages records retention process as it relates to employee files, medical files and payroll backup.
• Complies with and works according to requirements under the ADA, immigration requirements, EEO, and Affirmative Action requirements.
• Actively participates in company-wide committees and looks for opportunities to build professional relationships and synergies with all ASC departments.
• Responsible for planning and execution of all employee events to include theme, BEO, entertainment, decorations, awards/prizes, invitation and attendance tracking.
• Responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of employee recognition programs
• Responsible for ongoing development, maintenance and distribution of TLN/RLN policies and procedures.
• Responsible for creation and maintenance of all HR forms and shared files.
• Provide training and ongoing support for all Taleo Kronos users.
• Responsible for employee gifting program for personal milestones to include birth of child etc.
Talent Development and Management
• Provides input and support in the planning and development of enhanced performance reviews, employee relations programs and work processes.
• Assist with performance management process and ensures hourly employee reviews are being completed timely. Ensures effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the review process.
• Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce turnover.
• Assists the Assistant Director of HR with coaching managers to effectively resolve employee relations issues and to proactively prevent further concerns. Assist the Assistant DHR in conducting investigations - identifying systemic issues and patterns of concerns.
• Builds self-service tools and Human Resources help systems that enable employees and supervisors to get quick answers.
• Develops methods to assess internal and external customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study such as Human Resources or Business Management and a minimum of 2 years work experience in a related Human Resources Role.
• PHR/SPHR/SHRM CP Certification preferred.
• Strong leadership skills, communication skills, negotiating skills, professional integrity and sound business judgment.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to analyze data.
• Peoplesoft HRIS experience, Timekeeping Software Experience (Kronos preferred), Talent Management Software experience (Taleo Business Edition preferred) and Worker’s Compensation Claims Processing Software and RTP experience highly desired.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) language skills a plus.
• Talent Acquisition / Talent Development / Talent Management processes in the following areas: Recruiting, Leadership Competencies, Talent Assessments, Succession Management, Performance Management, Workforce Analytics, Safety and Risk Management processes and analytics
• Current trends and Human Resources Management practices.
• Pertinent federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, ADEA, EEO
• Proactively conduct research and stay abreast of new ideas to create a strong sourcing recruiting strategy.
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations and industry trends regarding recruitment and selection.
• Manage Human Resources Management processes and systems through business metric analysis and continuous process improvement; identify efficiency and automation opportunities.
• Build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal/external customers, community members and business unit leaders.
• Resolve difficult people and business issues through active listening, engaging questions and the offering of options/solutions.
• Communicate clearly, including the ability to synthesize information into clear concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries.
• To serve as a change agent to positively influence the culture and work environment for employees.
• Interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
• Assist in the preparation of annual budget and managing designated line items to ensure budget goals are met.
• Familiarity with all ASC and TLN Company Policies and Procedures.
• Assist Risk Management Board in communicating Safety standards in an effort to provide a safe work environment through employee awareness.
• Assist Work Comp Manager and Third Party Administrator in managing worker’s compensation claims and running analytics.