Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lift Attendant - All Mountains - Winter 2019-20
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 7720
Lift Attendants are the face of Aspen Skiing Company to our guests. If you like being outdoors, having fun with guests and your co-workers alike then this is the job for you. Benefits include – free ski pass, gear discounts, free ski/snowboard lessons, ski/ride breaks, insurance benefits, employee meals/food & bus pass discounts and more! This position is seasonal and runs from Thanksgiving to Mid-April. Apply to this position to be considered for all of Aspen Skiing Company's mountains, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass. Learn more about our Lift Attendant jobs here
The Lift Attendant is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of mountain chair lifts / gondolas, and the customers that use them. Lift Attendants spend their days helping guests, of all skill levels, load and unload from lifts, in an outdoor mountain environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide a positive guest service experience while safely loading and unloading lifts
• Maintain the safe and continuous operation of the lifts for extended periods of time
• Maintain load and unload ramps in areas around lift stations in various weather conditions including shoveling and/or raking snow
• Organize the maze to provide orderly and friendly access to the lift; help to manage guests for efficient loading
• Scan and check tickets at specific locations
• Perform daily pre-operation inspections and post-operation shutdown procedures
• Remain alert and attentive at all times to assist guests and monitor lift operation
• Maintain proper communication at all times, including updating lift logs, lift telephones
/ radios and communicate with others when necessary about incidents and safety concerns
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Must be 18 years or older
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Fluent in English required
• Previous customer service preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions and extreme cold (non-weather). The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.