Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Night Custodian - Treehouse Snowmass - Summer 2019
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 7502
This Custodian / cleaner position is located at the Snowmass Treehouse Adventure Center, the position will work the hours from 4pm - 12am Monday - Friday. After the conclusion of the summer season, this position is eligible to stay on for winter operations.
Custodians are responsible for the cleanliness and presentation of Aspen Skiing Company properties. They will set the highest quality standards possible as they relate to cleanliness to ensure proper building operations and guest experience. They will manage and maintain cleaning in a manner that extends life of equipment and all ASC assets along with conserving energy as a top priority.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop and maintain a safe working knowledge of all operating equipment, keeping equipment operational and clean, responsible for proper storage at end of use
• Responsible for bathroom cleaning including all bathroom fixtures including sinks, showers, walls, toilets, floors and urinals
• Cleans kitchen areas, specific to each location
• Responsible for cleaning of common areas including stairwells, ledges, furniture, floors, walls, vents, lighting, elevators, windows and doors
• Works closely with other Facility Management and ASC employees to maintain standards specific to their buildings
• Be available for emergency calls and be able to respond adequately.
• Is able to set up and carry out preventative maintenance programs.
• Refills paper dispensers and empties all trash receptacles, cardboard and recycling
• Locks doors and turns lights off
• Know and support ASC’s Guiding Principles and Greentrack, ASC’s environmental management system.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• High school degree or equivalent preferred
• Valid, current unrestricted Driver’s License may be required
• Ability to understand and communicate in verbal and written English required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.