Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rental Technician - Snowmass Base Village - Summer 2019
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 7513
The Summer Rental Tech provides guest services related to the proper selection, fitting and selling of a variety of summer sports equipment and accessories and assists in numerous functions related to maintaining efficient and high-quality shop operations.
Essential Job Functions
• Greet guests and maintain a friendly and helpful attitude when dealing with guest needs
• Provide fast, accurate and appropriate selection and fitting of a variety of summer sports equipment
• Act independently to assure efficient, clean and organized shop/facilities operations at all times
• Maintain a broad knowledge base adequate enough to answer all guest equipment-related queries as well as a variety of resort-wide information
• Acquire and retain detailed Rental and Retail product knowledge to best serve guests and to help achieve departmental sales goals
• Utilize great attention to detail in the completion of all tasks and in supporting daily shop operations
• Comply with required risk management and indemnification procedures
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Previous rental shop experience preferred
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
• Written and speaking fluency in English required
• Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French or others) preferred
• Must pass ski manufacturers' binding certification (on-the-job training provided)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.