Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Sales Associate - Snowmass Base Village - Summer 2019
at Aspen Snowmass
The Retail Associate will assist customers and ensure they have a fun and memorable shopping experience by providing them with product knowledge, options, and accessories. It is the Retail Associate’s responsibility to provide exceptional customer service and make a life-long customer, not just a sale.
Essential Job Functions
• Greets customers promptly and determines needs quickly
• Develops solutions for customers by listening to their needs and recommending the appropriate products. Builds customer confidence and helps make selections; offering suggestions and recommendations for summer and general sports merchandise
• Possesses detailed knowledge of product benefits and features
• Demonstrates product uses and operation and provides details about merchandise specifications, maintenance, care, delivery, and warranties
• Answers questions about merchandise, the store, Aspen Skiing Company products and services and the resort
• Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of sales and future merchandise of potential interest
• Documents sale by creating or updating customer profile records
• Utilizes the company’s POS system to process discounts and payments, administer exchanges and returns, provide change and receipts
• Wraps or bags merchandise for customers
• Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer
• Counts and balances tills
• Maintains a clean work environment through folding merchandise on the retail floor and stockrooms. Cleans dressing rooms of hangers and tags, and puts merchandise back in proper place after each use of the dressing room
• Collaborates with other team members to keep the sales floor area clean and organized at all times
• Cleans shelves, counters, fixtures or tables
• Stocks shelves, counters, fixtures or tables with merchandise
• Assists in maintaining the back stock room
• Helps with opening and closing cleaning duties
• Identifies and monitors security issues and notifies management. Helps prevent loss and theft of cash and inventory
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
• Knowledge of United States currency required
• Computer proficiency required
• Written and speaking fluency in English required
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
• Previous customer service or retail sales experience preferred, but not required
• Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French or others) preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.