Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Snowmaking Summer Maintenance
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 7798
Maintenance of the snowmaking system including: pumps, motors, compressors, hydrants, snow guns, hoses, and helping with summer projects. Responsible for the basic set up of the mountain for the upcoming snowmaking season to ensure the best possible skiing experience for our guests.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist the Snowmaking Team with summer projects as needed including runoff control and pipeline, compressors, pump houses, and valve house projects.
• Maintenance of the pump houses and compressor building
• Use of hand tools, and power equipment to install and repair any snowmaking equipment – Various fabrication projects
• Operation and Maintenance of Hydroelectric Plant, Valve Houses, and Gylcol Systems
• Troubleshooting of Control Systems, Automation Systems, Air and Water Guns, and Pump and Motors
• Assisting with all capital projects as needed
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Team Work - balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; emphasizes strong communications between day/swing/grave shifts; creates a positive work environment with supervisor; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members
• Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Must be 18 years of age or older
High school degree or equivalent preferred
Valid, current unrestricted Driver’s License required
Prior experience with snowmaking systems required
Experience with ski area operations desirable
Working around heavy equipment desirable
General knowledge of basic hand tools
Ability to obtain ASC snowmobile license
Intermediate ski/snowboard skills preferred
Must pass background and DMV check
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.