Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Steward / Prep Cook - Multiple on-mountain locations - Winter 2018-19
at Aspen Snowmass
Ever dream of commuting to work by skis or snowboard? It’s possible to ski each day into one of our kitchens to work with our professional chef teams developing and honing your individual skills in the culinary arts. Learn what it takes to move up in your profession, develop your culinary resume and build your career on our mountains this winter.
Aspen Skiing Company is hiring Steward / Prep Cooks for the following on-mountain restaurants: Elk Camp, Ullrhof, Lynn Brit Cabin, Two Creeks, Up 4 Pizza, Sam's Smokehouse, Could Nine, Merry Go-Round, Bumps and Cliffhouse. Apply to this position to be considered for any of these restaurants.
The Steward / Prep Cook cleans and store all flatware, silver, glass, kitchen trays, pots, pans according to the direction of the restaurant management team. Assist in food preparation as requested
Essential Functions of the Job
• Responsible for the safe operation of the dishwash machine and maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment, participate in pre and post shift cleaning and organization to include but not limited to: kitchen equipment, walk in fridge/freezer storage, dry storage, trash, recycle, mopping, sweeping
• Assist with preparing food items according to chef specifications
• Follow daily preparation list to ensure items are ready for service.
• Assist with storage of food deliveries
• Maintain adequate supplies such as towels, gloves, chemicals, mops, buckets & report needs to the management team
• Report any problems with food product, kitchen equipment or work area to a Chef/Sous chef
Additional Job Duties
• Ensure that your Manager is aware of guest comments and concerns.
• Report to shift on time.
• Treat others as you would expect to be treated. Be courteous to guests and co-workers.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Mountain Dining, Hospitality Division, and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Be familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in the event of an emergency and/or security event as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
• Indoors v Outdoors - Indoors 90% of the time, Outdoors 10% of the time.
• Standing v Sitting - Standing 90% of the time
• Work Environment - Working as part of a team; working AM, PM shifts. Working holidays. Overtime may be required due to business need
• Physical Requirements – Ability to push/pull & carry items up to 50lbs such as food items, trays, trolleys, jack stands, boxes.
• Constant reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing and seeing (near, far, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision). Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, tasting, smelling.
• Dealing with noise of restaurant/kitchen area
• Ability to safely load/unload from a chairlift or gondola if necessary to access the restaurant
Education, License/Certifications & Skills
• Ability to multi task and prioritize
• Ability to follow direction
• ServSafe or similar food safety course certification is preferred.
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants
• Ability to follow oral or written directions in basic English.
• Prior work experience in a commercial kitchen is preferred
• Experience with a similar role is preferred
• Eye contact should be made at a distance of no less than 10 feet from every guest.
• A genuine smile should be offered at a distance of no less than 5 feet from every guest.
• Employees should build rapport with guests during any conversation, if the guest responds to the initial statement with a conversational demeanor.
• Guest last name is used effectively, but discreetly, as a signal of recognition as least once and not more than twice during any conversation with guests.
• Before concluding conversations, the guest is verbally offered additional assistance with a statement relevant to the guest’s individual needs.
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Aspen Skiing Company Hospitality standards.
This job description does not contain an exhaustive or comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position.