Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Steward-Aspen Limelight Snowmass
at Aspen Snowmass
Maintains cleanliness of kitchen, loading dock, and back of house areas including storage areas. Maintains cleanliness of tableware, glassware, and kitchen equipment, minimizing breakage. Assists with food production when necessary.
- Service Standards:
- Eye contact should be made at a distance of no less than 10 feet from every guest.
- A genuine smile should be offered at a distance of no less than 5 feet from every guest.
- Employees should build rapport with guests during any conversation, if the guest responds to the initial statement with a conversational demeanor.
- Guest last name is used effectively, but discreetly, as a signal of recognition as least once and not more than twice during any conversation with guests.
- Before concluding conversations, the guest is verbally offered additional assistance with a statement relevant to the guest’s individual needs.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Set up cleaning area: Puts dish machine together properly, fill all water tanks, turn on heating elements to dish machine.
- Scrape, stack and clean all dishes properly. Pre-soak silver and change water after major meal periods.
- Sort silver with eating end up. Keep dish area as clean and neat as possible.
- Properly store dishes and silver in the locations designated by the Executive Chef.
- Disassembles, cleans, and re-assembles dishwasher prior to end of shift.
- Neatly stacks all remaining dirty china, glassware, and silver prior to the end of shift.
- Sees that all china, glassware, and silver are returned to proper storage areas, clean and ready for the next day’s business.
- Clean kitchen walls floors loading dock and other associated areas at specified intervals.
- Empty boxes and garbage at specified intervals.
- Endure safety of area by posting appropriate caution signs when floor is wet or being mopped.
- Additional Job Duties
- Assist culinary staff when needed for preparation and banquet plate up.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, The Limelight Hotel and Aspen Skiing Company.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your supervisor and assist other departments as business volumes and staff level demand.
- Physical requirements of the position include:
- Requires kneeling, bending, and standing for extended periods
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Work in a hot and steamy environment.
- Education, Experience, Skills
- Equivalent of high school diploma
- One year food service preferred
- English speaking preferred