Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Steward-Limelight Aspen-Winter 2019-2020
at Aspen Snowmass
The Dishwasher Steward maintains cleanliness of the kitchen and back of house areas including storage areas. Maintains cleanliness of tableware, glassware, and kitchen equipment, minimizing breakage. Assists with food production when necessary.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Set up cleaning area: Put dish machine together properly, fill water tank, make sure machine is on and make sure all parts of the machine are clean before beginning. This includes emptying the food trap, filter and checking that there is no food debris in the machine or main sink.
- Scrape, stack and clean all dishes properly.
- Pre-soak silverware and change water after major meal periods. Spread out silverware on a rack, rinse and run silverware through the machine. Once out of the machine separate and place into silverware containers with eating end up. Place on a dish rack and run through a second time.
- Properly store dishes and silverware in the designated locations.
- Take extra dishes down to dry storage and place in the correct areas if there is an over abundance in the kitchen.
- After running a rack of wine glasses make sure you do not put the clean rack on top of other wine racks that have already been polished. The water from the clean rack will drip down onto the other polished wine glasses and hours of FOH time will be wasted.
- At the end of a banquet and shift, make sure all platters, chaffers, stock pots, heating lamps and miscellaneous items are placed in dry storage in their correct areas.
- Clean kitchen walls and ceiling as needed. This also includes the elevator.
- Check the walk-ins for cleanliness every day. Sweep and mop as needed.
- Bring housekeeping dishes to housekeeping daily.
- Roughly at 9:30 PM every night, depending on business, begin pulling all floor mats from the bar area and hot line. Spray all mats and run through the dish machine. Once all mats are ran through, drain dish water and refill.
- Sweep & mop entire kitchen along with the bar and hot line area. This also includes the elevator. Ensure safety of area by posting appropriate caution signs when floor is wet or being mopped.
- Disassemble, clean and re-assemble dishwasher prior to end of shift.
- Break down all boxes, take down all trash and broken glassware to the garbage bin.
- Do a final walk through of the entire food & beverage establishment at the end of the night to ensure everything is in its correct location and no dirty dishes are left behind. This includes dry storage area, fenced in area, kitchen, bar and hot line.
- Additional Job Duties
- Assist culinary staff when needed for preparation and banquet plate up.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, The Limelight Hotel and Aspen Skiing Company.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your supervisor and assist other departments as business volumes and staff level demand.
- Physical requirements of the position include:
- Requires kneeling, bending, and standing for extended periods
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Work in a hot and steamy environment.
- Education, Experience, Skills
- Equivalent of high school diploma
- One year food service preferred
- English speaking preferred