Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Activities Attendant - Lost Forest - Summer 2019
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 7429
Full or Part-Time
The Summer Activities Attendant will ensure the safe and exceptional experience for guests in various recreational activities (Alpine Coaster, Climbing Walls).
Essential Job Functions
• Greet all guests professionally explaining regulations, policies or procedures involved in the various recreational facilities, activities and equipment
• Setting up and breaking down routes and venues, knowledge of all policies and procedures related to safe use of equipment and recreational courses and lifts
• Checking tickets, recording details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities
• Assist patrons with any equipment for correct fit and proper use, working knowledge of the course and equipment, including requirements for overall safety of the structure, elements, harnessing and proper use by participants
• Organize, lead and promote interest in the various recreational activities
• Providing instruction and guidance to both youth and adults regarding rides and activities
• Maintain general knowledge of the resort and area and assess the needs and interests of individuals and groups to recommend activities
• Clearing, monitoring, maintaining and inspecting equipment, tracks, rides or courses on a daily basis, on the ground and at heights
• Monitoring and enforcing rules and regulations of recreational activities, lifts or ride use to ensure safe practices are being followed
• Perform daily opening and closing procedures
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Must be 18 years or older
• Valid driver’s license required
• Previous experience in the service industry is preferred
• Prefer experience in climbing or working at heights is preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.