Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Talent Acquisition Manager
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Reference #: 7453
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting open positions at Aspen Skiing Company (ASC), and oversees yearly programs such as ASC’s VISA recruiting efforts and in-person recruiting efforts. This position has a large role in establishing the Talent Acquisition function as a strategic partner with the overall business, including developing metrics, reports, training and optimizing the recruitment technology that ASC uses.
Essential Job Functions
• Establishes recruiting process for Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) divisions, including full lifecycle recruiting for parent company and other critical roles, maximizing candidate and hiring manager experience
• Plans, directs and implements strategic recruitment initiatives, including VISA programs, involving interviewing, official paperwork and follow-up communication with involved parties. May involve domestic and international travel
• Creates and reviews Aspen Skiing Company job descriptions in collaboration with hiring managers and Human Resource Managers to ensure they comply with the latest standards and develop a recruiting strategy to fulfill each role
• Maintain regular communication cycles with Human Resource Managers about upcoming open positions within each area and follow-up consistently to ensure a successful recruiting cycle
• Own creative sourcing of candidates through a variety of channels including internet, cold calling, networking, referrals, and social networks
• Build, sustain and manage relationships with Universities, third party staffing agencies and other entities
• Assist with training hiring managers on Applicant Tracking System (ATS) use and develop ways to hold them accountable to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Create new SOPs for the Talent Acquisition Function at ASC, including for the roles of full lifecycle recruiter, screener and hiring manager
• Creates meaningful data analysis from various data sources including ATS and spreadsheets, including scheduled reporting and one-off reports to support recruitment operations
• Develop and influence relationships within all areas of the business, including front line managers and executives
• Work with Talent Acquisition and HR team to optimize and upgrade HR technology
• Oversees coordination of on and off-property ASC job fairs
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Manages project team activities.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• College degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field required
• 5 years of talent acquisition experience in a professional environment required, exposure to a seasonal environment a plus
• 2 years of supervisory experience required, preferably within recruitment
• Previous experience configuring Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Taleo (TBE)
• High Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
• Previous experience with Google applications (Drive, Sheets) preferred
• Valid up-to-date passport for overseas travel required
• Ability to ski / ride at an intermediate level to travel various worksites
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.