Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aspen Snowmass
Job Reference #: 7608
The Utility Engineer will travel around on a daily basis, ski areas by use of a truck, snowmobile and/or lift access via skis or snowboard to check water, waste-water systems, and associated utilities to ensure building operations, often during operating hours when guests are present.
Essential Job Functions
• Check water levels in tanks to ensure quality day-to-day operation of all on-mountain restaurants
• Check water plants for levels of chlorine, coagulants and lubricating liquids; enter data into log books located at strategic areas and fill out turbidity reports
• Use computer programs to manage plants that are on line (all four Mountains)
• Rebuild small pumps necessary to keep plants operational
• Use basic knowledge of electrical switches and relays
• Set or change faucets, re-plumb a sinks, service waterless fixtures, sweat and solder pipes, and perform other building related plumbing activities
• Use power tools in a safe and competent manner
• Understand and diagnose telemetry systems
• Calibrate turbidity and chlorine monitoring equipment
• Diagnose power issues with control panels and usage of a voltage meter
• Required to participate in sewer repairs
• Perform routine facility maintenance and construction tasks, including, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, snow removal, cleaning
• Be available for emergency calls and be able to respond adequately
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
• Three years of experience in water works preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Valid, current unrestricted Driver’s License may be required
• Class "D" Water Plant Operators license required, higher preferred
• Level “1” Water Distribution License, or higher preferred
• Must be proficient in mathematical skills associated with water works, including, but not limited to, being able to accurately calculate tank and pipe volumes, accurately calculate elevations/P.S.I. to find pipe breaks, accurately calculate chemical dosages and pump rates, read and understand pump curves
• Basic familiarity with SCADA systems preferred
• Basic computer skills required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required.