Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Valet- Residences at The Little Nell - Summer 2019
at Aspen Snowmass
Ski-in-ski out. Five-Star, Five-Diamond, Little Nell service. The Silver Queen Gondola and Ajax Patio at your front door. You can’t get much closer to the center of the Aspen life. Residences at The Little Nell are privately owned, but available by the week or the month. You have a dedicated hospitality and Concierge team and 24-hour room service. Want a home? You have all that and a gourmet kitchen too. At The Residences, you have a magnificent rooftop pool and water garden, gym and yoga studio, private decks or furnished balcony, and heaven on earth.
The Valet will provide prompt and courteous valet parking service to all hotel guests and to assist doorperson as needed.
• Eye contact should be made at a distance of no less than 10 feet from every guest.
• A genuine smile should be offered at a distance of no less than 5 feet from every guest.
• Employees should build rapport with guests during any conversation, if the guest responds to the initial statement with a conversational demeanor.
• Guest last name is used effectively, but discreetly, as a signal of recognition as least once and not more than twice during any conversation with guests.
• Before concluding conversations, the guest is verbally offered additional assistance with a statement relevant to the guest’s individual needs.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Park and deliver vehicles to and from the garage basement promptly, efficiently, and safely.
• Drive in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
• Return the guest vehicle in the same condition as it was left, i.e. seats, radio and mirrors in the same position.
• Lock the car and return the keys with properly marked tags to lock the box. Cars that cannot be locked properly should be noted on the valet ticket.
• Fill out the parking tickets according to procedures. This includes inspecting the outside of the car and writing down any obvious damage.
• Report damages to a guest car immediately to the Guest Services Manager or Manager on Duty and fill out an incident report immediately.
• Assist guests with vehicle problems or direct them to the concierge for assistance.
• Familiar with hotel services, hours of operation.
• Know about daily functions, locations and times for appropriate guest direction.
• Keep valet area clean and orderly at all times.
• Assist at the front door at the doorperson’s request.
• Assist with the collection of monies for hourly parking.
• Reconciliation of vehicles for overnight parking.
• Knowledge of guests who have parking passes.
Additional Job Duties:
• Make manager aware of guest’s comments and complaints
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner, as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Rooms Division, The Little Nell and Aspen Skiing Company
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
Education, Experience &Skills:
• Good communication & guest relations skills
• Current Colorado Drivers License, with no violations
• Able to drive a stick shift car
• High school diploma or equivalent
Physical Requirements of the position include:
• Able to lift heavy objects (50 pounds)
• Able to run for intermittent periods throughout the shift
• Able to withstand extreme weather and temperature varieties
• Kneeling, bending and standing for extended period