Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Auditor (Civil Engineering)
SNC-Lavalin's Atkins business was ranked as the world's 11th largest global design firm by ENR in 2016 with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atkins North America Quality Group as a Quality Auditor (Civil Engineering). This position can sit in any Atkins North American office in the United States.
Conduct audits of projects and office quality across North America. Trains/educates staff on quality expectations, and quality fundamentals. Provides subject matter expertise to assist staff in improving their quality program/efforts.
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by managing projects and teams delivering: validation of information and analysis on strategic audits and reviews; reviewing and approving Gap analysis and audit plans; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits when required; development and implementation of a QMS and system solutions, and training or directing the training of Client staff.
- Prepare, conduct, report and follow up on audits.
- Validate subconsultant quality management systems utilizing established audit procedures; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Manage a project and/or project team to deliver quality compliance assessments, and staff interviews; subconsultant assessments; collaborating with other members of management to develop new means and methods and training procedures.
- Plan and participate in visits to various field, offsite, subconsultant, and office locations.
- Involved in developments in quality management and compliance standards within the industry; participates in educational opportunities; maintaining professional networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Participate in Business Development and client engagement activities; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other responsibilities include monitoring the overall QA system for effectiveness and compliance to all system and procedures as well as Client requirements. Preparing and revising internal system procedures to meet organizational needs and requirements.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Business Management, Engineering or Technical field required plus a minimum of seven years' experience in the field of quality control. Master's degree preferred. Without a degree, twelve years' of related experience in the field of quality control. Must possess experience in quality assurance/control, auditing design projects, developing QMS, and inspection/testing/product conformity. Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills and knowledge of Project Management (IT/IS) systems required.
- Strong networking, interpersonal, teamwork, collaboration skills required.
- Possess an ability to effectively conduct different types of audits in a professional, ethical and objective manner using and interpreting applicable standards/requirements.
- Ability to manage and execute an audit and teams of auditors within a defined scope, including resource scheduling, conducting necessary meetings in performance of the audit and using appropriate auditing techniques.
- Expert understanding of how quality principles relate to business protocols and possess the ability to explain the importance of aligning QMS functions to the organization.
- Possess interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, conduct interviews and make presentations effectively.
- Strong process and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and determine course of action.
- Strong ability to effectively manage teams and collaborate with clients.
- Strong organizational and time a management skills with ability to perform under pressure and to adjust to changing priorities.
- Requires strong PC skills and ability to work in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project). Strong knowledge of materials management systems preferred.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQOE)
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Training
- The ability to travel up to 75% of the time is required for this position. Travel will be within the US.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to travel to other Atkins offices or project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.