Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Maintenance of Traffic Engineer
SNC-Lavalin's Atkins business was ranked as the world's 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our National Transportation Team as a Senior Maintenance of Traffic Engineer. Candidate can be located in one of the following hub offices: Henderson, NV; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA; Miami, FL; Orlando, FL; Tampa, FL; or Raleigh, NC.
Under the direction of the National Maintenance of Traffic Engineer, you will assist in all elements of maintenance of traffic concept development, design, and construction plan production for large and medium size transportation projects.
- Senior engineer with strong background in preparation and delivery of maintenance of traffic/traffic control plans for major highways (interstate/interchange, intersections, and urban roadways).
- Experience required in design and design-build environments, including post design services (shop drawings, RAIs, field changes, etc.)
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules associated with the MOT element of major projects.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Requires knowledge of construction means and methods. Construction experience desireable.
- Requires knowledge of traffic operations, signing and striping for the purpose of preparing MOT plans.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- Requires individual with minimum seven (7) years of experience in leading and developing complex MOT plans.
- In-Roads platform knowledge and experience required.
- State DOT experience required
- Strong Microstation and InRoads/OpenRroads experience, AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- A PE in home state is required and the ability to acquire a PE in other states.
- NCEES record desirable
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.