Boulder Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Clinic Intern
at Boulder Medical Center
Boulder Medical Center (BMC) is an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients in high-quality, compassionate health care. For nearly 70 years, BMC has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of our employees come and stay!
Weare continuing to expand our recently developed Healthcare Clinic Internshipprogram at Boulder Medical Center! The program is designed to give you, thestudent, hands on electronic medical records experience in the clinic settingAND shadowing experience to help round out your resumes! We are currentlyaccepting applications now through October 28th. We will be addingone intern this winter and start building our candidate roster for our springprogram that begins in February. If you are selected to join our program, youcan expect to work approximately 10 hours per week, over 6 months, with flexiblehours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. In addition to the paid working hours,you will get 10 valuable hours (unpaid) of shadowing experience with a varietyof our Internal Medicine and Family Medicine providers.
Internship Job Duties:
- Manages incoming medical records via fax, including sorting, labeling, checking for duplication and scanning into electronic health records.
- Manages incoming electronic medical records including sorting, labeling, and categorizing, as appropriate.
- Enters discrete data from incoming faxed and electronic medical records into the electronic medical records to ensure easy visibility for providers and accurate data for quality measures.
- Reviews records as part of workflow to update diagnostic testing histories for additional tests, as appropriate.
- Assists care team and administration in development and improvement of clinic workflows to better manage documentation and patient records, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to include the members of the interdisciplinary care team, the physicians in the clinic, IT and Care Management.
- Maintains confidential information regarding the health of plan participant. Stays abreast of and maintains adherence to federal and state regulations regarding confidentiality of private health information as it relates to HIPAA.
- Documents activities in appropriate module database (NextGen, etc.) to ensure proper metric and quality tracking.