Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AVIANT Hospice
- 01-May-2019 to 30-Jun-2019 (MST)
- Greenwood Village, CO, USA
- Part Time
Aviant Hospice is seeking experienced and exceptionally talented professionals to care for our patients and their loved ones. Our organization offers a supportive work environment, offering a warm and supportive culture to work and develop professionally. We are dedicated not only to patients and families but to maintaining an employee culture of engagement which is focused on employee retention.
Candidate must be a graduate of a state certified Nurse's Aide training program and in good standing with the respective State Board of Nursing. Experience with death or dying patients is helpful. Candidate must embrace the hospice philosophy. Current driver's license, auto insurance and a dependable means of transportation required.
The CNA is responsible for the completion of duties as listed on the CNA assignment/POC.
The CNA works under the direct supervision of the RN Case Manager and Patient Care Administrator to:
- Assist with personal care of patient, (i.e. bathing, feeding, bed linen care, mouth care, vital signs, transferring and shaving).
- Document in patient's chart all interventions performed in a timely manner.
- Follow infection control and safety measures.
- Assist with patient/family teaching concerning patient care and care for the caregiver.
- Bereavement activities as requested and/or able.
- Schedule visits per POC and keep Case Manager informed of any change in status that might affect POC.
- Call prior to visits
- Stock and monitor supply use and effectiveness.
- Attend and participate in staff and patient review meetings when able.
- Keep Patient Care Administrator/Nurse Case Manager informed of condition of patient/family and document notification
- Maintain appropriate amount of supplies at patient's residence.
- Practice cost effective use of supplies.
- Provide emotional support to patient/families.
- Keep current with 12 hours of education a year and provide hospice with proof of education received outside organization.
- Access patients' residence and all rooms therein
- Reliable transportation
- Communicate effectively with patient/families both verbally and written
- Communicate the mission and vision of the hospice
- May require sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Driving/travel required.
- May require lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
The CNA will be on call for holidays according to a rotating schedule.