Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Social Worker
at AVIANT Hospice
- 12-Jun-2019 to 11-Aug-2019 (MST)
- Greenwood Village, CO, USA
- Full Time
AVIANT Healthcare is seeking experienced and exceptionally talented professionals to care for our patients and their loved ones. With community-based hospice locations throughout the southwest, our organization offers a supportive work environment, offering a warm and supportive culture to work and develop professionally. We are dedicated not only to patients and families but to maintaining an employee culture of engagement which is focused on employee retention.
Master's or Bachelor's Degree from a social work curriculum accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Must have at least two years of experience working with geriatric population. Two years hospice experience is preferred. Must have strong communication skills and the ability to relate positively to others. Must have the ability to work with fellow employees and volunteers. Must be effective in working with different levels of health care providers, and able to express the hospice concept to families, patients, community, volunteers, staff and other professionals.
- Assess the psychosocial/spiritual needs of patient/family.
- Assess the safety needs of the patient and notify Care Manager of any concerns immediately.
- Assess for signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect and notify Care Manager of any concerns immediately
- Evaluate patient insurance coverage and financial status and refer to appropriate agencies for assistance.
- Provide social service activities as related to terminally ill patients and their families, including planning, treatment and consultation with other staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the patient/family Plan of Care.
- Participate with Self Managed Care Teams to provide support and education for patient/families based on the hospice philosophy of care.
- Participate in IDT meetings and keep team members informed of changes in patient/family psych-social POC.
- Provide counseling to patients/families and hospice staff as needed.
- Relate positively to various types of personalities and family dynamics, and deal effectively with angry, hostile, or grief reactions.
- Make referrals to community resources as appropriate to meet patient/family needs.
- Participate in bereavement follow-up services as required.
- Assist in the orientation and training of volunteers, staff, physicians and community members as requested.
Job requires the ability to:
¨ Access patients' residence and all rooms therein
¨ Reliable transportation
¨ Communicate effectively with patient/families both verbally and written
The Medical Social Worker will be required to take call per a rotating schedule.