Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN
at AVIANT Hospice
- 04-Jan-2019 to 01-May-2019 (MST)
- Greenwood Village, CO, USA
Aviant Hospice is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their team. At Aviant Hospice, we are dedicated to providing the care and compassion our patients and their families deserve. With years of hands-on hospice experience, our team of caring physicians, nurses, and social workers provide each Aviant Hospice 'community member' with the support that enables patients to undergo the dying process with dignity and the families to cope with loss with strength.
Skilled Nurse from an accredited program currently licensed and in good standing with the Colorado State Board of Nursing. Must have at least 1 to 2 years' experience in nursing in an acute care setting or 1 year experience in home health, hospice or comparable experience is preferred. Desire to learn and demonstration of aptitude for the hospice philosophy and comfort care required.
It is the responsibility of the Visit Nurse to coordinate and provide the highest level of hospice care to patients and families.
• Provide hands-on clinical nursing, interacting with patients, family, physicians, Interdisciplinary Team members, and other health care professionals involved in the patient's care.
• Assess and coordinate a pain/symptom management program formulated with the participation of family and patient, attending physician and the Interdisciplinary Team, utilizing pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods of pain/symptom control to enhance quality of life.
• Assist in facilitating freedom of choice, relief of suffering and death with dignity for patients facing end of life issues.
• Provide support and education for families based on the hospice philosophy of care. Care includes physical, psychological, spiritual and financial comfort.
• Provide Nurse Case Manager with appropriate information to coordinate all services related to hospice care for assigned patients. Coordination of services include communicating and making referrals for home health aide/homemaker, chaplain, social worker, volunteer and ancillary services, as well as, ordering medications and Durable Medical Equipment
• Educate patient and family on the disease process and expectation related to the disease progression.
The Visit Nurse will be on call according to scheduling. During the hours when on call, the Visit Nurse is expected to follow On Call Protocol and to respond to all pages within 20 minutes.
• Access patients' residence and all rooms therein
• Reliable transportation
• Communicate effectively with patient/families both verbally and written
• Communicate the mission and vision of the hospice