Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AV Design Engineer
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
• Serve as a technical consultant to the sales force, generating functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment lists to enable generation of customer proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Translate customer requirements into functional system designs
• Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations and acoustical modeling
• Review pre-construction design and documentation
• Assist with technical design, pricing and identify any logistical challenges
• Generate functional system descriptions and block diagrams
• Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
• Design wall plates and overlays
• Provide material and labor estimates for projects
• Provide engineering support to project installation team when needed
• Obtain project sign-off as needed
• Customer liaison for engineering inquires
• Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to help evaluate products
• Post sales project consultation
• Travel to various job sites is required
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
• Proven business writing skills
• Proficient with test and calibration equipment
• Support user acceptance testing
• Ability to program, change and troubleshoot (AMX/Crestron)
• Ability to diagnose complex system problems
• Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
• Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of a High School Diploma
• Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
• At least five years of AV experience is preferred
• A minimum of 1-2 years of AV experience plus a four year degree or military experience may be considered
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
• This position does not have any direct reports
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law