Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commissioning Specialist (Field Engineer)
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
- This role is responsible for the final testing and commissioning of complexed Audio-Visual systems during and post build. This position will also provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments as well as establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
- Review project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure quality and completeness of installation
- Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting when needed
- Test point to point functionality of systems
- Field installation of control programs (AMX/Crestron) – upload and download capability
- Test and troubleshoot control programs (AMX/Crestron)
- Write code for DSP systems
- Load, test, and troubleshoot code for DSP systems
- Make minor programming changes under the direction of an engineer or programmer
- Fine tune audio video systems to ensure optimal performance
- Perform client training as needed
- Act as a customer liaison in absence of Project Manager
- Provide Project Manager documented test results from system testing and commissioning
- Create, track, and close a project Punchlist
- Responsible for final job documentation as needed
- Demonstrate job site leadership
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to travel to various job sites required
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Proven business writing skills
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment
- Support user acceptance testing
- Minor programming capability (AMX/Crestron) – changes and troubleshooting
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Knowledge of Advanced signal flow for audio, video and control
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of AV Installation experience preferred
- A four year degree or military experience may be considered in place of job experience
- Valid Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL driving standards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Will generally work on customer sites and may deal with a construction site type of work environment.
- Will work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project deadlines.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to regularly climb and work from ladders up to heights of 35 feet; lifting equipment, tools and materials.
- This position does not have direct reports
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law