Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accounting Specialist - Payroll
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly is looking for a payroll professional to add to their payroll team. This person will use their expertise to process payroll for our multi-state 3,100+ employee firm, as well as assist with state/local compliance audits and reconciliations.
- Assist in processing bi-weekly payroll
- Build strong relationships with Human Resources and review/update employee records as needed
- Partner with Leave of Absence team to ensure proper payments while employees are on a leave of absence
- Review employee federal and state income and related taxes for accurate calculation
- Review/audit hours and earnings
- Process checks and direct deposits
- Assist with maintaining state and local compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state and federal practices and laws
- Reconciles payroll deposits, tax withholdings, wage garnishments, and voluntary deductions
- Prepare reports for firm of employee earnings, taxes, deductions, and employers’ contribution of social security and unemployment; including other requested ad-hoc reports
- Resolve discrepancies through collection and analysis of information within payroll system
- Maintain confidence of employee data by keeping all information confidential
- Assist with department projects
- Provide customer service support to firm employees
- Accurately convey detailed information both written and verbally
- Display a high level of professionalism when communicating
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or its equivalent with 5 or more years of experience, at least 2 in a prior multi-state payroll support experience required
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization, interpersonal, project management, and communication
- Solid Microsoft Suite skills (Excel) required
- Ability to learn and utilize specialized software, such as, Ultimate Software, Star, etc.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as ability to follow directions / procedures required, as well as work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequent interruptions
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.