Balfour Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Balfour Senior Living
|Location:||Downtown Denver, CO|
The park on one side, the city on the other. You at the center of it all, living life to the fullest. Balfour at Riverfront Park is one of our Denver retirement communities, and fronts the 17-acre downtown Commons and Confluence Parks, with the Platte River and Cherry Creek nearby. And just steps away from the vibrancy, conveniences, and amenities of the city of Denver. Senior living communities with an urban location with an independent, assisted and memory care continuum is quite rare nationally. In Colorado, it is unique.
Perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, OSHA, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the community, and to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment. Clean and sanitize residents’ rooms and other areas of the community. Knowledge of household and industrial laundry equipment; maintain cleanliness of laundry area in accordance with established Balfour policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with residents, families, staff, and other visitors to the community in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner
- Honor residents’ personal and property rights and maintains the confidentiality of all resident care information
- Report losses and damages of residents’ laundry and property and turn in any found items
- Acts as a positive representative of the community at all times
- Responds to any and all call lights within 5 minutes
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control throughout the community
- Clean and sanitize residents’ rooms and other areas of the community in accordance with cleaning schedules and Balfour Retirement Community policies and procedures
- Reports all accidents and hazardous conditions/equipment, as established by department policies
- Disposes of waste in accordance with established policies
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures
- Assists in maintaining storage areas in a clean and orderly manner
- Follows established guidelines when using equipment, supplies, and chemicals
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Attends all in-service education programs mandated by Balfour Retirement Community, OSHA, state, and federal guidelines
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English concerning the mixtures of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to use household and industrial washers and dryers; knowledge of commercial laundry processes, equipment, and procedures for both washing and drying materials
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, push, pull and lift in excess of 50 pounds as necessary to perform required cleaning tasks as assigned throughout the workday
- Willingness to work around odors, chemicals, and extreme temperature changes