Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dev/Ops & Systems Engineer
at Bank of America Corporation
As a Systems Engineer, you may have interaction with and visibility to members of the GIS senior leadership team as well as key business unit stakeholders. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a deeply committed team of recognized information security experts on high visibility security initiatives for the Bank.
- Previous Systems Engineering and Deployment experience
- Previous Application Management and Support experience
- Understanding of software and/or application lifecycle and the implementation of security principals throughout
- Understanding of complex environments, their sub-components, concepts, and interactions
- Experience with databases and associated query languages
- Experience in security vulnerability remediation
- Deep understanding of large networks and systems and the interaction between applications, infrastructures, etc.
- Experience in scripting/automation languages
- Proficient in Windows and Linux server support and access systems
- A broad knowledge of information security principles
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking; out-of-the-box thinkers
- Ability to identify, analyze, and address problems to resolve issues in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
- Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
- Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
- Effective communication skills and motivation/willingness to learn
- CISSP/Security+/SANS certifications
- Experience working in Agile development process and a deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
Enterprise role information: Key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (software & hardware). Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.). Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.