Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager Software Engineering
at Bank of America Corporation
As Senior Manager of Software Engineering for Global Information Security, you will lead multiple teams in the design, development, test, and delivery of innovative products to identify and reduce security risks for the company. A major area of focus is identity and access management, with the existing and planned portfolio of products targeted for use across 200K+ people throughout the enterprise and highly visible to senior leadership, auditors, and regulators.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in building software products, managing engineering teams, coordinating large-scale projects, effectively communicating with executive and technical audiences, and moving quickly to achieve outcomes. This is a technology leadership role requiring software engineering experience to excel but not focused on personal delivery of code.
The position will be required to manage all aspects of staffing, including mentoring the professional and technical development of the team. It also requires creation and management of a technical vision and roadmap, development and alignment with a modern, Agile-centric SDLC, establishing metrics and measures for team success, and frequent interaction with auditors and regulators to explain the program and progress.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering with increasing responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles
- Experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Mastery of the Agile software delivery lifecycle from a development perspective
- Demonstrated leadership in adopting a “shift left” approach to testing and security
- Experience building API-driven applications using REST or GraphQL
- Detailed understanding of modern source control practices with git / BitBucket
- Use of software security tools for static/dynamic analysis
- Interest or experience with the patent process, as many of the innovations originating from this team will result in new disclosures
- Financial services and/or Information Security experience
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and related tooling, such as Ansible/Tower, Jenkins, and Artifactory
- Bachelor's degree or similar work experience, Computer Science focus is preferred
Enterprise Role Overview - Directs multiple / major technology teams within Information Security that research, engineer, develop, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain the information security (authentication, perimeter security, security & compliance tools, etc), & directory technology systems (software & hardware) and security policies / procedures. Utilizes in-depth technical / project knowledge and business requirements to design / direct secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Serves as organization spokesperson with other technology or business groups. Exercises independent judgment in directing staff to achieve results. Works independently with directions / goals from the Information Security Technology Executive. Typically 7-10 years of experience, including people management responsibility.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.