Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Java Developer
at Bank of America Corporation
An exciting opportunity as a Senior Application Developer is available for a talented individual to help design and develop web applications in the Cyber Security Technology portfolio.
The successful candidate will have had senior roles on building commercial grade, globally deployed web applications. Experience working in cyber security or technology risk would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide leadership and hands-on development for application components. Interface with infrastructure and application support teams to manage mission critical highly available applications.
- Provide expertise and mentorship to all phases of software development.
- Work with Enterprise Data Architects to design and drive the Identity and Access Management Data Model.
- Be an expert on the Enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Deploy platform and work with other teams to drive adoption.
- Design and develop exciting, relevant, risk reducing applications using the latest technologies.
- Leverage deep technical knowledge to create technology solutions that address complex technical, architectural and organizational challenges.
- Contribute new ideas in a rapidly evolving environment and see them through to implementation.
- 8+ years of experience in design and development of high quality applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- Fluency in best practices for data architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience working within agile development methodologies.
- Collaboration with technical teams to ensure designs work within enterprise frameworks.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly skilled and experienced (minimum 8 years) developer.
- Technologies: Java, Spring, REST, Web Services, JMS, JUnit.
- Application Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics or Dynatrace.
- Software Development tools such Jira, Git, Grunt/Gulp, Confluence, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible.
- API Gateways such as Mulesoft and RAML for API specifications.
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Experience working in an Agile\Scrum Environment.
- A disciplined thinker and capable of working across organizational boundaries in a very demanding, high-output environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.