Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Operator
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Global Management Services LLC, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Operator for the Denver Federal Center Roads & Grounds/Snow Removal contract. Qualified individuals will operate loaders, mini-loaders, skid steers, and dump trucks for landscaping and snow removal services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Operate small to medium sized loaders, clearing and loading snow
- Operate/Drive 10-12 yd. dump truck
- Operate Skid Steer
- Perform light maintenance on above listed equipment (check fluids, grease, maintain in safe operation)
- Practice workplace safety
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Class A CDL with relative endorsements
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience operating loaders
- 2 years of experience operating skid steers
- 2 years of experience operating dump trucks
- Ability to pass applicable pre-employment drug screen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to operate/drive equipment in a safe manner
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedure
- 3-5 years of truck driving experience
- 3 years of snow removal equipment operating experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed mostly outdoors with almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes smoke and/or loud noises.
No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to the Denver Federal Center. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.