Bimbo Bakeries USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Operator in Commerce City, CO at Bimbo Bakeries USA
at Bimbo Bakeries USA
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Machine Operator:
- Competitive pay starting: up to $24.04 (depending on experience)
- Amazing Medical/Dental at very low weekly deductions
- Stable union position with pension for retirement
- Vacation beginning at one year
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available to take advantage of
Machine Operator Position Summary:
The Machine Operator will learn to operate a variety of mechanized bakery production equipment including but not limited to the Oven, Divider, Proofer, Slicer, Bagger and Wrapper. Check and ensure product specification standards are being met as required by company authorized standards while performing the tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Machine Operator Key Position Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading pans from production line
- Loading and unloading oven and/or proof box
- Monitor and adjust the temperature controls of the Oven and Proof Room
- Operate and control packaging equipment
- Ensure proper bags and sealing if necessary for each variety
- Ensure proper slicing if applicable
- Verify weights and order completions
- Record information such as down time, waste, order completions, package verification, metal detector checks, finish product scoring etc.
- Monitor for foreign material all the time especially at change over and ensure metal detection checks
- Ensure proper placement of product in trays and pallets
- Remove finished packaged items from the machine and separate rejected items
- Taking appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the food safety and food quality system
- Responsible for reporting and taking necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan, the Food Quality Plan, and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- Performing any and all other duties as assigned
Schedule Hiring For:
- Days: Sunday - Saturday; days off are typically split
- Shift Start Times: Varies
- Overtime as needed