Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Safety
at BMC FootPrints
If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
Directs and oversees all Health and Safety related activities for all divisions within BMC. Responsible for the meeting and exceeding of BMC’s Health and Safety goals and standards as well as national regulatory compliance; driving behavior based safety as a priority and an intricate part of our company culture.
- Direct Health and Safety resources and activities, policies and company strategies throughout every business division and every level of associate.
- Design, redesign and implement Health and Safety benchmarks, standard operating procedures and protocols to achieve overall safety goals, safety related cost savings, regulatory compliance and a safety awareness program for our associate base.
- Oversee and enforce company compliance with pertinent OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations while maintaining awareness of OSHA, EPA and DOT amendments; making recommendations for protocol adjustments and implementations.
- Regularly analyze Health and Safety data and reporting; realigning and adjusting resources and strategies to ensure National and Market, Field Health and Safety performance goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop national and market level partnerships; aligning Safety strategies to overall business strategies.
- Proactively partner with national and market level leadership; assist in the planning and implementation of Safety standards and policies.
- Develop and implement national Health and Safety Awareness program reflecting BMC’s commitment to protecting the health and safety of our associates. Ensure regular audits produce compliance with program directives.
- Strategic resource for Safety Training; developing safety training programs relating to OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations, supporting local Safety Coordinators and HR Counterparts and providing written Safety related communications for local newsletters.
- Regularly provides business intelligence, national Health and Safety trends and feedback to Exec Leadership Team.
- Openly communicates, providing guidance and feedback to national and market level leaders regarding Safety challenges, solutions and business impacts.
- Develop and secure high functioning corporate Health and Safety associates to ensure successful retention and promotional standards.
- Effectively communicate with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
- Adept at change management.
- Manage expense budget to ensure successful compliance for nationwide budget demands.
- Minimum education required—Bachelors in Risk Management, Industrial Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, Safety Management or closely related field. Masters preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Safety Management systems; OHSAS 18001, ANSI Z10 and OHSA VPP
- Professional certifications in current standing with ASP and/ or CSP.
- Exceptional Excel & MS Office skills
- Minimum experience required—10 years progressive experience in Health and Safety, 7 years of safety Leadership/Management.
- Experience in management.