Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traffic Log Editor
at BONNEVILLE INTERNATIONAL
Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International has been a leader in local media for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations and their websites in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Sacramento, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We're proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To perform traffic functions accurately, confidentially, efficiently and to ensure that all commercials and programming are accurately and timely logged in conformance with company procedure and FCC guidelines. Maximize revenue yield from commercial inventory.
- Prepare daily program logs for one or more radio stations using WideOrbit Traffic Software.
- Process sales orders and check orders for accuracy.
- Schedule and track commercials for optimum spot placement in order to achieve maximum revenue
- Edit Daily logs to maximize revenue and adhere to station directives while fulfilling client expectations.
- Work closely with station programmers to insure hourly clocks are accurate and up to date on the program logs.
- Create and schedule program formats and schedules.
- Maintain and organize barter contracts, schedules and continuity.
- Accurately reconcile and post daily logs – compare to the as-run billing file against traffic system log.
- Collaborates with Sales Management, Account Executives and Sales Support to ensure commercial spots are executed in accordance with contract provisions.
- Communicates with Sales Management regarding inventory issues.
- Preempts spots and assists with makegoods.
- Work closely with business office on cash in advance accounts and credit restricted accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years Traffic experience.
- Minimum of 2 years WideOrbit experience.
- VCreative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Can-do attitude along with a strong ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and professionally with management, sales and advertisers.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated individual with analytical and quantitative skills capable of independent work and follow-through and working effectively in a team environment.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and speed.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
Bonneville International owns and operates over 20 radio stations in San Francisco, Sacramento, Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City as well as Salt Lake City’s premier television station, KSL-TV.
Bonneville International is among the premier broadcasting companies in the nation and takes great pride in our reputation as an employer of choice. People love working for us because we believe our employees and our ownership are what makes us different. Our television and radio stations provide leadership that builds up, connects, informs and celebrates the communities in which we serve. Whether we are producing responsive public affairs programming, working with clients to improve their businesses, engineering an on-site live broadcast in support of a charity, or utilizing the incomparable local news-gathering capabilities of our news and talk properties, we care about our customers and support our local communities.