Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EVS / Housekeeping Aide - $2000 Sign On Bonus!
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: Everyother weekend off, with rotating during the week
Full-time - Evenings
$2000 Sign On Bonus!
$15.00/hour starting with experience!
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2019 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Fast paced team environment. Staff takes pride in knowing their work is important to keep infections down and to leave their areas and patients rooms spotless and ready for the next patient. Open door Management policy and Managers, Supervisors, and Leads all pitch in with EVS Aides to ensure the Hospital is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness possible. Fun work environment, Director sponsors many team building gatherings with lunches/dinners/ice cream.
Is responsible for the regularly scheduled cleaning and /or floor care of an assigned area of the hospital. The purpose of this work is to contribute to the creation and maintenance of a clean, attractive environment for all patients, staff and visitors.
Education or Formal Training
Must be able to read written instructions and check lists, and to understand and follow written and verbal instructions (exceptions made based on the discretion of the manager).
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Must have good manual dexterity, adequate hearing to answer pages and to communicate verbally, adequate vision to discern items needing cleaning, balance for climbing ladders.
2. Must be able to set work priorities according to the needs of the shift.
3. Must be able to maintain sound relationships with employees in other departments.
4. Must be able to cope with interruptions and temporary re-assignment of duties.
5. Must be able to communicate clearly to all hospital staff.
Experience is preferred, but not required.
Familiar with working with blood and body fluids.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
All housekeeping Assistants will use floor mops, wall mops, high dusters, upright vacuums, tank vacuums, various cleaning chemicals (sprayed and non-sprayed), buckets, toilet swabs, and rags.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
This is a hospital/health care environment. Any employee in this department may be subjected occasionally to unpleasant odor and unsightly conditions. May be exposed to cytotoxic drugs.
1. One or a combination of any of: standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing/pulling, and reaching (including high or overhead, medium, and low arm movement). [80%-100% of the shift]
2. Lifting up to 25 pounds of trash, linen or supplies.
3. Pushing/pulling furniture, supplies and cleaning carts.
4. If hired or temporarily assigned to clean ancillary areas, must lift up to 50 pounds, and push a wheeled trash cart weighing up to 400 pounds fully loaded.
5. Handle heavy floor equipment, i.e., carpet extractors, swing buffers, auto scrubbers.
6. Using a ladder or step stool to reach areas above shoulder level.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace