Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker II - $500 Sign On Bonus!
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: Days
$500 Sign on Bonus!!
Fulltime - 40 hours - Days
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
The Food Service Department is a fast-paced environment dealing with many cultures and personalities. We are a group of high energy and team oriented people!!
Under supervision, performs a variety of routine duties in connection with the preparation, portioning of serving and selling of food. To prepare foods, serve in Café, work with diet aids, dish room, stock, food transport to pantries, and catering set-up.
Education or Formal Training
Proven skill in reading and writing, etc.
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal directions.
2. Manual dexterity for constant standing, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.
3. Ability to perform repetitious tasks and still maintain quality work.
4. Recognizes unsafe conditions and items in need of cleaning.
5. Must be neat, clean, well groomed and adhere to dress code .
6. Must be reliable and prompt.
7. Able to multi task and work at an accelerated pace.
8. Must be flexible to perform task in different areas of the hospital.
9. Must be able to adjust to change rapidly and assist others without direction.
1. One-year Food Service production experience preferred.
2. 6 months general Food Service experiences preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
1. Cooking battery
2. Slicers, choppers, and mixing equipment
3. Cafeteria equipment
4. Cash register
8. Hot wells
9. Dish machine
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time
2. Exposure to cleaning chemicals and sharp objects.
3. Constant standing, lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling – constant movement.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
1. Prepares and portions food items for patient service and café service.
2. Follows recipes and other detailed instructions.
3. Runs cash register and assists customers.
4. Answers phone and keep up with the computer printouts.
5. Maintains cleanliness of department refrigerators and labels and dates all product.
6. Inspects all products before utilizing for café or patients. Informs Supervisor of any problems.
7. Maintains standards of cleanliness and sanitation of self and work area throughout the day (includes thorough and frequent hand washing).
8. Cleans related equipment, food carts and utility carts, checking for repairs and notifying a supervisor daily.
9. Demonstrates initiative. Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
10. Assists with receiving and storage of grocery/paper supplies by cutting open boxes or storing goods in the correct place.
1. Keep work areas clean and sanitized and free of trash.
2. Assist in quality control of food i.e.; temperatures, HACCP regulations
3. Assist in training new employees
4. Inform supervisory staff of needed equipment repair.
5. Report any safety hazards observed throughout the building to the proper person.
6. Open minded to learn duties in other areas of the hospital to assist where needed.
7. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
8. All employees are expected to remain flexible to meet the needs of the hospital, which may include floating to other departments to assist as the patient needs fluctuate.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace