Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant ( MA ) - Family Medical Association - $500 Sign On Bonus!
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: Tuesday- Thursday
$500 Sign-on Bonus!
Full-time - Days - 40 Hours/Week - 10 Hour Shifts
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of physicians.
Boulder Community Hospital (BCH) Primary Care Physician Clinics are guided by the philosophy of the Patient-Centered Medical Home. The medical home organizes care around patients, while engaging a multidisciplinary Care Team working proactively to coordinate and track care for each individual patient.
Education or Formal Training
1. Colorado LPN license in good standing, or
2. Graduate from a Medical Assistant program, or
3. Pass a national Medical Assistant Certification exam
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
BLS certification required by the end of conditional period.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Knowledge of medical assistant scope of practice to assist in assessing patient needs and administering and evaluating patient care.
2. Knowledge of human growth and development to inform and guide interaction with and care for patients ages newborn to geriatric.
3. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
4. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
5. Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems to administer patient care.
6. Knowledge of CLIA, OSHA and Joint Commission regulations.
One to two years experience in a clinic preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consistent and on time attendance is an essential function of the position.
2. Performs selected nursing and administrative duties.
3. Prepares patients ages adult to geriatric for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories, vital signs and thoroughly documents in patient chart.
4. Prepares exam and treatment rooms in orderly manner with necessary instruments and supplies.
5. Phones in patient prescriptions and documents accordingly in patient chart.
6. Provides patient education and instruction.
7. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
8. Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal and other conditions common to a clinic environment, including blood and body fluids.
2. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
3. Involves standing and walking.
4. Occasionally assists lifting and carrying patients weighing up to 50 pounds.
5. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace