Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Scribe / Transcriptionist
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: M, Tu, F 8:30am-5pm
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Performs clerical and information technology functions for a physician in a clinical setting. This includes accurately and thoroughly documenting medical visits as they are performed by the physician.
Education or Formal Training
1. Bachelor’s degree, or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in a healthcare related field preferred.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Medical Scribe Certification, preferred.
2. Certified Medical Assistant, preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Knowledge of medical terminology
2. Knowledge of the physical exam process.
3. Ability to record physical exam details.
4. Computer proficiency and ability to accurately record information.
5. Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
1. No prior scribe experience required.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Requires occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds unassisted. Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements (specifically keyboarding), standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accompanies physician into the patient examination room to transcribe patient’s history and physical exam, and the physician’s encounter with the patient.
2. Transcribes all diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
3. Documents all procedure performed by the physician.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace