Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Associate - CNA, Certified Nurse Assistant
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: variable
- Effective 4/1/15 CNA certification or equivalent certification is required. Equivalent certifications include EMT, MA, Military Medic or completion of 1 year of nursing core classes (not prerequisites for nursing school) PCAs hired prior to 4/1/15 will be grandfathered in and will not be required to complete CNA certification
- BLS certification required within conditional period
- Able to take directions from multiple staff and demonstrate the ability to set priorities.
- Hospital or other health care experience preferred
Standard medical/hospital equipment: i.e. hospital beds, wheelchairs and carts, positioning aids, phone and intercom systems, computers, etc.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Physical working environment may include, but not be limited to, any of the following hazards: chemical, electrical, mechanical, biowaste, explosive, radiation, etc.
- Environmental conditions may include, but not be limited to, variations in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
- The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
- Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
Clinical Patient Care
- Provides patient care for a specific group of patients in team collaboration with an RN when working with the SDU/overflow patients. When working with the ICU patients, assists the RN with patient care activities.
- Demonstrates clinical competence with patient care
- Assists RN with identifying care problems
- May be required to perform point of care testing
- Supports and demonstrates customer service
- It is the expectation that all care providers document accurately and in real time, utilizing the electronic medical record within their department
- Coordinates work and sets priorities to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during the assignmed shifts
- Communicates problems to the primary nurse or CTL.
- Asks clarifying questions
- Requests assistance with priorities and tasks
- Offers assistance to to patients, families, nurses and others working in the ICU.
- Reports off to the CTL when leaving the department
- Participates in Process Improvement
- Performs duties as assigned in the PCA Binder
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace