Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - CU Sports Medicine
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: M-F 7-7, Sat7-11
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County.ã€€ Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for providing quality patient care through the provisions of physical therapy services including:
ï‚· Assessment of patient functioning, development of treatment programs, provision of patient treatment, and education of the patient and family as it relates to physical/functional abilities and injury prevention.
ï‚· Working at no less than a 75% productivity rate.
ï‚· Adheres to the APTA Code of Ethics.
ï‚· Responsible for managing all assigned personnel.
ï‚· Adheres to all accreditation requirements.
ï‚· Strives to promote teamwork inter- and intra-departmentally, establish and maintain communication with patients, families, and health team members, and work professionally with physicians and the community.
Education or Formal Training
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Current Colorado state license for Physical Therapy.
2. BLS Certification by the end of the Conditional Period
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Knowledge, skill and ability to apply patient evaluations, treatments, procedures and standards to clinical practice in the area of Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Physical Therapy
2. Clinical competencies achieved by completion of required clinical internships.
1. Stress of keeping to schedules.
2. Busy environment, numerous interruptions.
3. Exposure to emergency situations and equipment with potential hazards.
4. Hours may include holidays, weekends, and/or extended hours depending on job necessity.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand, sit and walk.
2. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, crouch, and twist.
3. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
4. The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
5. Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching.
6. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace