Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: Various
Great Customer Service skills and a willingness to learn?
Earn up to $16.00/hr with experience.
No experience required.
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
The Patient Access Registrar is responsible for the smooth operation and flow of patients within the registration area. This includes greeting patients, providing information, answering phones, registering patients, coding lab accounts and entering exam orders as required. They are also responsible for obtaining all demographics, insurance information, appropriate codes, and authorizations from patients (or their representatives) and physicians in a courteous and efficient manner for billing.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Strong communication (written/verbal) and computer skills.
3. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
4. Ability to prioritize, concentrate, and multitask.
5. Ability to work independently and/or in collaborate with coworkers, patients, families, visitors, physicians, and the general public.
6. Ability to maintain composure with high levels of accuracy and organization during high volume periods, with the ability to consistently prioritize, meet changing deadlines, and troubleshoot problems.
Education or Formal Training
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Keyboarding, filing, office procedures classes and/or experience preferred.
3. Medical terminology course preferred.
1. Customer service and cash handling experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace