Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sonographer - Ultrasound - Halftime
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: Thursday - Friday
Halftime - Nights - 24 hours a week
Thursday - Friday
Performs high quality diagnostic Ultrasound exams in the areas of abdomen, OB/GYN, duplex carotid, peripheral vascular, neonatal heads and small parts. Assist the Radiologists and other physicians in the interpretation of these exams when necessary.
Education Or Formal Training
Must have completed an AMA approved formal US program of minimum 1 year.
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
1. Must be an RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) or registry eligible in at least three specialities of Abdomen, OB/GYN, and Vascular (RVT). If registry eligible, must pass registry exams in Abdomen, OB/GYN, Vascular (RVT) in the time frame set forth in department policy.
2. Must be certified in BLS by end of conditional period.
Knowledge, Skill And Ability
1. Must have intricate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and a basic understanding of human physiology.
2. Must have problem solving abilities.
3. Must be well versed in medical terminology.
4. Must be able to adapt exam routines and techniques when necessary to optimize quality of exams.
5. Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
6. Must be able to work closely with radiologists and other physicians.
RDMS Registry or registry eligible.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Must be familiar with and be able to operate diagnostic ultrasound equipment including pulsed and color doppler techniques, laser camera/processors, computers and teleradiography units.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Must be able to push and maneuver US equipment (up to 400 pounds) for portable exams.
2. Must be able to transfer patients.
3. Can be stressful and quick-paced.
4. Lots of standing and walking, but not constant.
5. The potential exists for eye strain (dim lighting. long periods looking at the US monitor).
6. Must be able to work on call hours.
7. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
8. The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
9. Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.