Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sterile Processing Clinical Lead- Full-time - Evenings
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: 5 & 8
Fulltime - 40 hours a week - Evenings
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Under direct supervision of the Sterile Processing Supervisor, the Lead Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for overseeing and actively participating in the receiving, processing, delivering, tracking and rendering safe instrumentation, for patient use when needed in respective departments. Guides, mentors and serves as a resource for Sterile Processing Technicians and is accountable for assisting the Sterile Processing Supervisor with the oversight of day to day operations and directing the workflow of employees as necessary to improve efficiencies within the department. Responsible for S"PM Administration and Implant/Supply replenishment, Interacts with OR Coordinators/Leads/Vendors for instrument management/availability.
Education or Formal Training
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred
2. Leadership experience preferred
3. OR Tech experience preferred
4. Computer experience preferred
5. Inventory experience preferred
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Certification (NICHSPDP or ISCHIM) required.
2. Sterile Processing and Distribution Certification (CRCST), Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) certification or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD). Must currently have or agree to obtain within 1 year of employment.
3. A current certificate must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
4. 1-2 years experience working in a sterile processing department.
1. Extensive knowledge of sterilization techniques, processing and instrumentation as well as all other aspects involved with or pertaining to the SPD.
2. Service Excellence Skills
3. Team Building/Concept Skills
4. Interpersonal Skills
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Complete understanding of sterilization techniques.
2. Record keeping regarding ordering, expenditures, and maintenance of surgical instruments and SP supplies.
3. Knowledge of equipment function sufficient to be able to determine operational adequacy and to distinguish between operator error and equipment malfunction.
4. Knowledge of applicable sanitary, infection control, and safety standards sufficient to be able to perform all assignments within the safety parameters.
5. Knowledge of unit and floor needs sufficient to be able to assemble and wrap appropriate instruments, supplies, and equipment.
6. Knowledge of processes, procedures, quality assurance, chemicals and medical instruments sufficient to be able to decontaminate and sterilize equipment and instruments.
7. Knowledge of and skill in cleaning specialized instrumentation.
1. Is able to perform technical functions.
2. Have manual dexterity and fine motor coordination.
3. Ability to lift and move trays of instruments, up to 30 lbs.
4. Have no physical limitations as to lifting trays of instruments (above the head), pushing, pulling carts from sterilizer, walking, and standing for duration of shift.
5. Is able to perform bending, lifting, and washing using decontamination processes a, which will include instrument pans, bins, trays, and carts of various sizes.
6. Tactile differentiation, e.g., temperature, moisture.
7. Must have good people skills and be able to operate well under pressure.
8. Must have good telephone manners and negotiation skills.
1. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Performs Meditech, Word, Excel, and SPD computer programs.
3. Able to provide information and follow-up regarding sterilizer load data.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Physical working environment may include, but not limited to, any of the following hazards: high pressure steam, chemical, electrical, mechanical, biowaste, stress, back strain, body fluids, etc.
2. Environmental conditions may include, but not be limited to, variations in temperature, noise, odors, multi-stimuli, etc.
3. Pressure from high volume census to meet deadlines to obtain adequate instrumentation from vendors.
4. Extensive people contact and interruptions.
1. Oversee and actively participate in receiving, processing, delivering, tracking and rendering safe instrumentation.
2. Guides, mentors and serves as a resource to Sterile Processing Technicians.
3. Accountable for assisting the Sterile Processing Supervisor with day to day operations and directing employee efficiency and workflow.
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace