Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Clerk - Purchasing
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: sunday - wednesday 5:30am - 4pm
Full-time - Days - 40 hours/week - 10 hour shifts
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Works as a member of a team with other warehouse clerks to maintain adequate inventory stock levels in patient-care areas and warehouse storerooms for all facilities as established. Receives incoming shipments/supplies, being accountable for accurate accounting of quantity and quality of goods received. Is responsible for shipping all items needing to be shipped from the dock. Is accountable for accurately issuing out supplies; and charging appropriate departments for supplies received from the warehouse storerooms. Ensures accurate and timely delivery of all incoming packages to appropriate departments.
Education or Formal Training
High School education or equivalent preferred
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
Current Colorado driver’s license preferred to run occasional errands
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Must be attentive to detail and accuracy
2. Has good communication skills, both verbal and written
3. Has a good team concept and feels comfortable performing job duties with this approach.
4. Ability to work with and get along with people of diverse backgrounds and expectations
5. Must be able to work autonomously and with a minimum of supervision
6. Must be able to lift 60 pounds
7. Must be able to problem solve
One-year warehouse or hospital experience preferred.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Bill of Lading
Manual Pallet Jack
“E” Gas Cylinders
Bar Code Reader
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Able to lift 60 pounds
2. Considerable amount of walking and standing
3. Considerable amount of bending and reaching
4. Must be able to utilize step stool, if necessary
5. Pushing and pulling of carts
6. Multi-tasking with possibly numerous interruptions
7. Time constraints
8. Volume overload
9. Busy telephone use
10. Possible high stress/demand
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Acts as a member of the Materiel Management team in supplying the hospital with supplies needed for the hospital to provide excellent care for their patients.
2. Completes inventory of storeroom supplies in patient care areas on daily basis in conjunction with other members of the warehouse team.
3. Rotates dated stock in all storeroom and patient care supply areas that contain storeroom supplies.
4. Checks for supply outdates in the storeroom and all patient care supply areas that contain storeroom supplies on the last day worked of every month.
5. Provides coverage for the receiving area of the dock as needed and stays informed as to the receiving process as established.
6. Staff will be required to cover weekend shifts and holidays as the need arises.
7. Communicates stock deficiencies and inventory adjustments to management or appropriate buyer with either written or verbal communication.
8. Maintains all supply stocking locations, storerooms and docks in a neat and orderly condition. Removing all excess cardboard, utilizing bins, and stocking supplies in the appropriate locations. Removal of trash, cardboard and correct handling of recycled products is included.
9. Answers telephone in a friendly and courteous manner. Responds to voice mail whenever message light is indicated and follows through with requests in a timely fashion.
10. Utilizes good problem solving techniques and follows through to insure good customer service is provided.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace