Boulder Heavy Industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Data Analyst
at Boulder Heavy Industries
Are you data curious? Do you enjoy finding the nuggets of truth in complicated datasets that reveal the hidden stories to produce actionable insights? Do you have the skills and drive to help build and maintain automated reporting and SQL Pipelines? If this is you, IMM has a position that will both challenge you and propel your career path in data analytics.
A Day in the Life
This role is responsible for supporting the customer facing wing of our agency’s Data Analytics & Decision Sciences team. You work side-by-side with a talented group of people tasked with turning data into actionable insights & recommendations, as well as telling the story of what happened. The ideal candidate will have experience with Excel, SQL, Tableau, and would be have some interest or experience in digital marketing. This candidate will play a significant role in generating and maintaining solid and accurate automated reporting processes, polished and professional-looking reports, and contribute to the development of data products that can be sold across all of IMM’s clients. This position is designed for a person interested in, and familiar with the world of digital advertising and has significant opportunities for growth and expanded responsibility within IMM’s analytics practice.
Here are some specifics on exactly what your days might look like:
- Create and edit SQL scripts and stored procedures that extract and curate data from multiple sources with an eye towards accuracy and consistency
- Problem solve and work with multiple departments to resolve outstanding issues and innovate to drive client relationships forward
- Generate clear and concise data visualizations in Tableau
- Develop successful relationships based upon trust and value-creation within the company and with clients
- Craft stories based on data that intertwine all facets of the client’s and IMM’s business ecosystem
- Make recommendations on process improvement and operational execution on delivery of data and assets to support internal process
If you meet the following requirements, we want to hear from you!
- 1+ years of experience with Tableau or a similar reporting software
- 1+ years of experience in a data-gathering role, conducting analysis, and generating reports
- 1 + years of SQL experience
- Understanding of relational databases
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Understanding of the digital marketing environment and metrics or willingness to learn
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Information Systems, Statistics, Math, Econ or relevant educational background
- Ability to apply sound judgment in problem solving situations
- Well-developed organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong personal time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fun environment
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Digital Marketing
- Experience or interest in Python Programing