Bright Horizons L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bright Horizons L.P.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is to develop business requirements to be used as the basis for reporting software and analytical processes utilized by Bright Horizons internal users as well as external network providers. Gather and document these requirements through a variety of means and serve as a communication bridge between business stakeholders and technical teams.
The Business Analyst must be able to perform job functions in an independent manner to provide leadership and drive collaboration across disciplines in all solution development related activities. This role is critical in the process of delivering integrated business and information solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to fully understand, define and document business requirements for reporting software and/or process changes through a variety of means focusing on low to medium complexity projects, processes and functional areas of the applications.
- Define current (As-Is) and Future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions). Build consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements in the Business Requirements Document.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical teams to ensure that requirements are properly translated into technical specifications, clarify requirements, review recommendations and answer questions. Collaborate and build consensus between technical team and stakeholders working to balance scope, speed of delivery and available resources.
- Assist technical team through design, code, test and deploy to ensure any issues are resolved. Participate in specific dev tasks and act as a support resource to reporting development team.
- Work with the BI QA Team Reporting Manager to develop and refine a master test plan that traces business requirements throughout the SDLC.
- Ensure that all process and documentation are consistent with best practices and Bright Horizons standards for Solution Delivery Life Cycle.
- Work with Application Support, QA, and development in a business analysis capacity both reactively and proactively to support application issues, changes and modifications.
- Proactively identify ways in which system and process changes can improve efficiency of key users, customer service, accuracy of results, and/or completeness of data.
- Works closely with internal users, IT Development Resources, and Business Management to facilitate cross-functional project team meetings effectively and efficiently.
- Serve as a communication bridge between business leaders and developers to facilitate understanding of initial requirements, questions and changes across these groups.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, but, when necessary, consult with the senior management of IT and lines of business for direction and/or clarity.
What we hope you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field or comparable experience required. Individual should have a minimum of 1+ years related work experience.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SSMS and Outlook required. Experience with Qlik preferred.
- Strong communication skills are essential. Individual must be comfortable working with a variety of user groups at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking to analyze problems, document needs and communicate these needs to a variety of audiences.
- The individual must have a proven ability to understand business requirements in a variety of functional areas and the flexibility to adapt to new and changing information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage many competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a virtual collaborative environment.
- The individual must have a strong customer service philosophy and skills; thrive in a team environment as well as in an individual setting; demonstrate impeccable organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills; have a willingness to take on new projects; be a self-starter, highly motivated, results-driven and goal-oriented, comfortable setting aggressive goals and exceeding them.
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW.Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or email@example.com. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.Having technical issues with your online application? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866.
Job Category 2