Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Copywriter (Temporary Contract)
at Brooklyn Boulders
OUR STORY: Brooklyn Boulders (BKB) opened its doors in 2009. With facilities now nestled in the hearts of New York, Boston and Chicago and programs all over the country, BKB operates an adventure lifestyle ecosystem that consists of a diverse community of climbers, creatives, artists, and fitness enthusiasts, with the common vision of
Becoming Superhuman Together.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD -- Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE -- Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS -- Attitude is everything. Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL -- Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY -- Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a temporary contract Copywriter to join our growing Marketing Team based in our Headquarters in Denver, CO for a duration of 3-4 months.
The copywriter will support development of BKB’s brand voice and tone - taking a concept, and crafting a beautiful, concise, and on-brand story quickly. Beyond having mastered the art of writing in multiple styles for various channels and in both short and long form, the ideal candidate is adaptable and thrives in dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environments.
The Copywriter reports directly to our Art Director and will work closely with our Marketing Team. This role is a great opportunity to create original content and develop our voice and copy standards.
It’s time to get weird with Brooklyn Boulders.
- Write and edit engaging marketing copy for emails, website, landing pages, press releases, digital and printed collateral
- Write original content for BKB blog, social media, email, and other editorial documents as needed, as well as provide proofreading and recommendations for content created locally and nationally
- Provide copy for partnerships and business development opportunities
- Support the development of company branded materials
- Develop the BKB voice and tone to be used across multiple target audiences
- Establish and document copywriting standards, style guidelines, and process
- Lead internal naming and re-naming initiatives for our products and services
- Concept and co-create with Marketing teams, including Graphic Designers, our National Marketing Manager, our National Events Manager, and local Marketing Managers
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Literature or Creative Writing
- 3 years of relevant on-the-job experience, including digital and print copy, focused in marketing, blogging and/or sales
- Refined editing, proofreading, and grammar skills
- An understanding of climbing, fitness, and/or culture (i.e. art, music, entrepreneurship, co-working, and adventure)
- Inspiring creativity, with the ability to present and pursue projects from concept to execution
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and the COPYWRITER is…
- A great communicator who is responsible and eager to present new ideas
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departmental teams at once
- Not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals, and has a desire to continue “raising the bar”
Though our Team Members come from a wide range of experiences and are as unique as our business, we are all united under our ultimate promise: belonging and inspiration through experiences that engage imagination, passion, and physical potential! If you're excited by the prospect of co-creating with a hard-working, driven team of individuals, we're excited to talk with you about a future at Brooklyn Boulders.
*With your application, please provide your resume and cover letter*