Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager
at Bryan Construction
- - Commercial
- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- 66,000 to 125,000
- Full Time
The Project Manager provides management for multiple projects from initiation and development to execution and follow-up. The Project Manager is directly responsible for profit and loss on assigned projects. The Project Manager establishes project objectives to achieve completion of projects within contractual timeframe and budget. Develops and maintains positive relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors and suppliers. Effectively manages supporting staff.
1. Preconstruction –
• Assist in development of accurate estimate of job costs.
• Assist in development of achievable schedule.
• Review analytical data, identify risk factors and report to management.
• Review and attain thorough understanding of owner contract and report assessment of contract to management.
• Attend owner/architect design meetings.
• Provide input and review subcontractor selection. Assure prequalification process is followed.
2. Construction –
• Establish the project budget and is fully responsible to manage the financial outcome. Complete accurate monthly projection of cost to complete including explanation of significant variances.
• Select and coordinate work of subcontractors, issuing subcontracts in compliance with policy including insurance and bonding requirements.
• Review all drawings to ensure specifications and regulations are followed.
• Obtain approval of submittals and samples within 90 days of notice to proceed.
• Obtain required permits and licenses.
• Responsible for change management including determination of appropriate scope and price, submission to ownership and timely recording and accounting with subcontractors.
• Oversee and assist with punch list, documentation of substantial and final completion, final subcontractor settlements, closeout documents, O & M manuals and obtain final payment within 60 days following owner occupancy.
• Oversee warranty.
3. Management and communication-
• Provide leadership at OAC meetings through professional communication, documentation and presentation. Address difficult issues and develop problem resolution.
• Organize and manage staff responsibilities. Effectively delegate, provide resources and training, review output and coach for optimum performance.
• Communicate project status to management including reports and presentations.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
• 4 year degree in construction management preferred or equivalent experience
• 10+ years managing construction projects of increasing complexity
• Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with senior management, clients and staff.
• Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people
• Proven oral and written communication skills
Background investigation and drug test required