Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fire Protection Engineering Intern
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
An Engineering Intern will work collaboratively with our project teams of architects, designers and engineers to create world class design on a variety of projects. This position will assist in developing engineering design solutions.
- Assist in engineering design and documentation for various projects.
- Assist with tasks utilizing standard engineering design programs.
- Participate in continuous engineering design improvement efforts.
- Present solutions to engineering concerns.
- Research design solutions to project concerns; analyze and recommend solutions to design problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited program.
- Must be currently enrolled in good standing. Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the country where this position is located, for the duration of the internship.